Figures – FG3
FG3 – Level 3
The rider has one minute to proceed, by any route, to A to begin the test. The rider may start the test on either rein.
- The rider begins in slow to medium tempo tölt and nods at A to begin the test. The rider completes one Figure 8 keeping an even rhythm (beat and speed) throughout the entire figure.
- The rider executes two 8m circles at B or E in any speed tölt. The rider crosses X and executes two more 8m circles. The rider continues across the diagonal to C to complete the element. The rider must keep an even rhythm (beat and speed) throughout the entire element.
- At C, the rider continues in slow tölt. The rider increases speed as he starts to cross the diagonal. At X, the rider begins to decrease to slow tölt and continues to A. The rider repeats the speed change across the opposite diagonal. Approaching C, the rider transitions to walk and halts for three seconds at C nodding to indicate the end of the test.
Check FEIF Rules and Regulations for further details. Diagrams showing the figures arena can be found in chapter S17.12
- The dressage arena must be 20 x 40m or 20 x 60m. Side markers should include A, B, C, E, F, H, K and M.
- The arena should be marked according to dashed lines in the diagrams included with the descriptions of the tests. The marking should be made with paint or chalk dust.
- The large circles at “A” and “C” are 14m in diameter.
- The small circles at “A” and “C” in FG2 are 10m in diameter.
- The small circles at “B” and “E” in FG3 are 8m in diameter.
Three judges score individually.
Riders are permitted to select their own music. The volume of the music is determined by the chief judge of the test.
Combinations may only start in one Figures test at the same event.
Boots & Protective Equipment
Boots and leg protective equipment are not allowed on the horse.